CRAFT is a program that helps Concerned Significant Others (CSOs) do two things:
- improve the quality of their lives and
- learn how to make treatment an attractive option for their partners who are substance abusers
Below is a chart showing how CRAFT compares to Nar-anon
* Based on: Miller, W.R., Meyers, R.J., & Tonigan J.S. (1999). Engaging the unmotivated in treatment for alcohol problems: A comparison of three intervention strategies. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 67, 5, 688-697.
Both Nar-anon and CRAFT can help you break the hold that your family member’s addiction has on your life.
However, only CRAFT teaches you methods to respectfully and non-coercively help your loved one to seek treatment.
If you have a loved one who needs treatment and are
- interested in improving your life, and
- learning methods that help motivate your loved one to seek treatment
call us at: 503-xxx-xxxx or contact us using the confidential form below.
Get our FREE Ten Week Email Course. Our free email course provides ideas for family members who are dealing with an addicted love one. Each newsletter presents new ideas and resources on how to help your loved one and how to get your life back. Fill out the form below and it’ll arrive for free in your inbox: